Sunday 24 December 2017

Christmas Cookies

Aaah it's Christmas Eve!!!!! I hope you're feeling very festive and full of cheer and I hope you don't have any more presents to buy for anyone ahaha! I hope you can put up your feet now and just relax!
Also, I'm so so so sorry, there was supposed to be a new blog post on Wednesday during the week, but due to my awful organisational skillzzz none went up! I'm so sorry, but sure look you've got this blog post to read now so you should be happy out!

///

This is actually my last blog post of 2017, I don't know how the year has gone by so fast!
It's actually my birthday on the 30th of December so it'll be nice to just chill and not have to think about having blog posts ready etc etc!

///

My 1st blog post of 2018 will be up on Sunday the 7th of January at 7:30pm so I hope you're buzzingggg for that ahaha!
I'm going back to just 1 blog post a week, uploading at 7:30pm every Sunday, but there might be a few extra mid-week blog posts if I'm feeling any bit inspired at all!
Anyway, enough chatting, I must tell ya about these cookies!


These cookies just make me feel so Christmassy like I love them! I make them for people too, they make such a lovely present, especially if you put them in a nice jar or bag and wrap it nicely!
I find that this size of cookie is just right as it's not too big that you'd be stuffed like but it's still a nice size to have while you're having a cup of coffee or whatever you be drinkin!
They're ridiculously easy to make and a batch makes quite a few cookies, so without further ado, here's the recipe:

Christmas Cookies

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup plain flour
  • 1 cup wholemeal flour
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon ground ginger
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup almond milk
  • 1/4 cup molasses

Method:

  1. In a large bowl, mix the plain flour, wholemeal flour, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. 
  2. In a smaller bowl, mix the melted coconut oil, almond milk, and molasses.
  3. Pour the wet mix into the large bowl and mix all the ingredients together until a dough forms. You'll probably have to get your hands dirty to get the dough to come together but that's always a good bitta craic ahaha! Add a drop or two of almond milk if the dough is too dry, or add some flour if it's too wet.
  4. Break off a piece of the dough and roll it out onto a floured surface.
  5. Cut out your cookies with whatever cookie cutter you want, or you can be old-fashioned and use a knife but that'd take aaages ahaha!
  6. Keep rolling out the dough and cutting out the cookies until the dough is all gone.
  7. Bake the cookies at 180oC for 6 minutes.
  8. Once baked, let them set for about 15 minutes, and then dust with some icing sugar on top.
  9. Try not to eat them all in one go! Enjoy!!!

I know it's probably a bit late to be putting up a recipe for Christmas cookies, especially when Christmas Day is tomorrow ahaha but sure look you have the recipe now for next year!
As I said, this is my last blog post of 2017 so I'll chat to ya in 2018!
Thank you SO so so so so so much for putting up with me and all my blog posts for the whole year ahaha, I genuinely appreciate it so so much, it actually surprises me every day that people want to read what I have to say, it just blows my mind like!
I hope you have a ridiculously festive Christmas with your family and friends and I hope 2018 will bring you loads of good fortune and good vibes!
If you'd like to contact me at all, you can send me an email to plantpoweredhuman@gmail.com or you can chat to me over on my Instagram!
Merry Christmas!!!
Big love,
Darragh
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Plant Powered Human | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig