Sunday 21 January 2018

5 More Smoothies

Hellooo howya doing, I hope life is treating you well!
This week I'm sharing 5 more smoothie recipes with ya!
If you'd like even more smoothie recipes then make sure to check out an earlier blog post that I did called "5 Smoothies", you can click here to read it!


Put your hand up if you got a smoothie maker/blender/NutriBullet/whatever-ya-want-to-call-it for Christmas as a present and you don't have a clue what to do with it.
Don't worry, these 5 smoothie recipes are all so easy, ridiculously tasty (even though I say so myself!), and they'll help boost your fruit and veg intake and you won't even notice!


Now to tell you the truth, I never follow a recipe when I'm making a smoothie. I just throw in whatever I can find and blend it all together!
I've made these smoothies the way I like them so if you'd like a thicker smoothie then just add more frozen fruit or ice and if you'd like a thinner smoothie then just add more liquid!
Ooh and in some of the smoothies I use a frozen banana, I know it's a bit of a trek but in those specific recipes a frozen banana works so much better than a fresh one! It makes a much creamier smoothie and it gets it the right temperature too! So defo use a frozen banana for those smoothies!
But yeah basically just fire away with whatever you want in these smoothies! Add nuts and seeds if you want, take out the spinach if you want, just enjoy smoothie-ing!!!

///

To make any of the smoothies: Just pop all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Simple!

///

Tropical Vibes


When I was recipe testing for this blog post, this smoothie was my family's favourite! It is really tropical-y (if that's a word) and I know it's a bit of a trek getting lemons and limes for it but it really does add to the smoothie! This smoothie defo transports you to a tropical country on the other side of the world!

Ingredients:

  • 1 fresh banana (not frozen)
  • 60g frozen pineapple
  • 60g frozen mango
  • Juice of 1/2 lemon
  • Juice of 1/2 lime
  • 250ml coconut water (use orange juice/some-other-fruit-juice if you don't have coconut water but coconut water gives it such a groovy texture mmm)

Peanut & Almond


This is one of my favourite smoothies, maybe that's cuz I'm obsessed with peanut butter and almond butter! You can use whatever nut butters you like and if you're allergic to nuts then you could try this smoothie with some seed butters if you'd like! I've never tried it but I'd say it'd be grand!

Ingredients:

  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 tablespoon peanut butter
  • 1 tablespoon almond butter
  • 1 small handful of walnuts or cashew nuts
  • 3 dates (or just 1 Medjool date if you prefer using Medjool dates, they melt in your mouth and taste like caramel, they're more expensive but definitely worth trying at some stage in your life!)
  • 200ml rice milk (or whatever plant-based milk ya fancy!)

Beets


Before you're frightened by the colour of this smoothie, let me tell you that it's actually classssss!
It's genuinely so refreshing and zingy and it'll definitely get the cobwebs outta ya ahaha.
Definitely one of my faves.

Ingredients:

  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 small beetroot (peeled and raw, if you can't get one raw then try and find the vacuum-packed cooked beets!)
  • 1/2 thumb-sized piece of ginger (peeled)
  • Juice of 1/2 lemon
  • 200ml orange juice

Coffee


I know I've said it for like every smoothie but I loooove this smoothie so so much. I'm such a fan of coffee that I was like hmm how do I get coffee into smoothie-form haha!
I'd definitely use a frozen banana for this smoothie because it gives it a much creamier texture than a regular banana!

Ingredients:

  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 tablespoon maple syrup
  • 1 small handful cashew nuts
  • 1 shot espresso and 150ml oat milk or 50ml brewed coffee and 100ml oat milk

Green 3.0


In case you're wondering where the "3.0" came from, on the other smoothie blog post I did, I had 2 green smoothies called "Green 1.0" and "Green 2.0" so I felt the next step up from that had to be "3.0"!
My mom actually said that this smoothie "wasn't too bad" so I suppose the only way to describe this smoothie is green-but-not-too-green, basically it doesn't taste that bad ahaha!
And it's true, green smoothies give you superpowers. Fact.

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 avocado
  • 100g frozen mango
  • 1 handful kale (taken off the main stem, you don't want any of that chunky main stem going into your smoothie, it'll give it a funny texture that ya don't want!)
  • 1 handful spinach
  • Juice of 1/2 lemon
  • Juice of 1/2 lime
  • 1 tablespoon greens powder (just a mix of different powders, I think you can get a bag in Aldi that has a mix of wheatgrass, spirulina, chlorella, and some other bits, basically just use whatever superfood powders you have!)
  • 1/2 tablespoon spirulina
  • 100ml coconut water
  • 150ml orange juice

///

This is what the behind the scenes looks like ahaha!
So there we have it, 5 more smoothie recipes!
If I had to choose, I'd say the "Peanut & Almond" is my fave mmmm.
I hope you give some of these smoothies a go!
And if you do, defo let me know over on my Instagram!
Or you can send me an email to plantpoweredhuman@gmail.com
Happy smoothie-ing!
Big love,
Darragh
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Plant Powered Human | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig