Sunday 3 February 2019

I Didn't Know What To Call This One

Howya!
I know it's February but happy New Year!
I hope 2019 has been ridiculously zesty for you so far, and I hope that there's plenty more excitement on the way.
I guess with this blog post I just want to update you on where I'm at with this blog and the plans I have etc etc, but before all of that, I made a new playlist!
Cooking Vibes 9.0 is yours. I hope you like it.
I'm just after discovering Ella Mai and Maggie Rogers and I've completely fallen in love with them both. Lauv has a new song with Troye Sivan and it's an absolute tune and a half. And is it even a Cooking Vibes playlist if it isn't featuring a bit of my bae Ellie Goulding, she's on a song on Clean Bandit's new album and of course it's a tuuuune.

///

Click here to find all the Cooking Vibes playlists.

///

Click here to listen to Cooking Vibes 9.0 on Spotify.

///

Since my last blog post, I've turned 21 and I can honestly say that I feel old.
But like in such a good way.
I didn't want to have a 'party' so I just had some absolutely gorgeous humans over to my house and there was plenty of food (obvs) and music and chats and all that good stuff.
The reason I haven't posted a blog post until now is that I'm not happy with Blogger (the website that I use to write my blog posts). Don't worry, Plant Powered Human ain't goin anywhere!
I dunno, I just find it very restrictive in what I can do, like it's just words and photos and there isn't that much creativity. And lately, when I put a photo in a blog post and make it medium-sized (you can choose the size you want it to be), in the published blog post the same photo would be like extra large and really really blurry. So if anyone has any insight into why that's happening please give me a shout!
And if anyone knows any other cooler/funkier/more creative blogging platforms or websites let me know!
I love the creativity that Instagram has, so I suppose I've been focusing on that a bit more since the start of the year, but I'm back on the blogging train now eyy.
Just to give you a little update on what I've posted over on Instagram, I've been vegan for 3 years (whatttt), I posted about the not-so-ethical-side of the fast fashion industry, I was chattin about 10 swaps that you can make to your life to be more sustainable and environmentally friendly, and I finally made it to Twig and The Olive Branch in Clonakilty!
Read my "Who Made Your Clothes" post here.
10 Sustainable Swaps:
1. Support local companies / businesses / brands
2. Switch to plant milk
3. Use a reusable coffee cup / travel mug
4. Wear old clothes
5. Eat more plants
6. Eat at local cafés / restaurants
7. Bring your own cutlery
8. Use a reusable water bottle
9. Bring your own box / container / tub
10. Be a conscious consumer
Read my "10 Sustainable Swaps" post here & here.
Read my "Twig & The Olive Branch" post here.
Also, the SuperValu in Clonakilty is literally the most amazing SuperValu I've ever been in ahaha, it's savage like. They had this freshly-ground peanut butter machine which I've literally ever only seen in Whole Foods in San Diego. So in case you're wondering, Clonakilty is the new California. It's true.
Here are some photos that I just love that I had to include in this blog post.
Yeoww.
There we have it, my first blog post of 2019.
Sorry if it was a bit scattered but I just wanted to update you on everything that happened haha!
I'm really trying to focus on the quality of everything that I post and talk about, I really want to educate myself on everything as much as possible before sharing it with you.
I don't want to sound pure weird but like in such an 'influencer'-led society I want to distance myself from all those people posting things just to get views and attention etc etc. I only want to post/talk about/discuss something if I'm 100% interested, motivated, and inspired about it and if I feel that other people should know about it too.
And sorry if this all sounds really weird, I just feel that the best way to come across as a real human is to be honest and to let you know why I'm doing what I'm doing. I'm not doing this to get followers or to be an 'influencer' or whatever.
I'm doing this cuz I feckin love it and to hopefully help people be nicer to themselves and to the planet.
So yeah, that's the kinda vibe we're goin with for Plant Powered Human in 2019.

Eating more plants.
Acknowledging the power we all have, both physical and mental.
And being more human.

I've got some cool blog posts on the way, I promise.
Genuinely thank you so much if you're still reading this ahahahaa, thank you for putting up with me.
Until the next blog post, go and dance to Cooking Vibes 9.0, be kind to others, and live your life.
Big love,
Darragh
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Plant Powered Human | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig