Sunday 1 April 2018

Last Sunday

Howya!
Last Sunday I had a few things planned and I went to Dublin to see Anne-Marie in The Olympia and in typical Darragh-Woods-style I ate loads of class food so I was like why not make a blog post about it ahaha!
So yeah, here's what I did last Sunday!


I met up with my best friend Holly and we went to Soma for Banana Melon Kitchen's brunch.
If you don't know already, Soma is literally my favourite place ever (and I did a blog post all about it, you can read it here if you'd like to!) and I love whenever there's a Soma X BMK brunch!


I went for the roasted cauliflower 'steaks' on sourdough toast with cannellini bean aioli, sesame seed brittle, zesty chimichurri sauce, and pickled romanesco. Absolute heaven!
Holly went for the chocolate chip waffle with peanut butter cream, chocolate fudge sauce, caramel popcorn, and fresh strawberries. I tried some and oh my god it was divineeee!
I got a flat white with oat milk too which was absolutely fab as per usual!

 

After the brunch, myself and my brother headed up to Dublin to see Anne-Marie!
I had my bag packed full of snacks, feat. 2 bananas, 2 packets of oatcakes, a Nakd bar, and an apple!


As soon as we got off the bus in Dublin, we headed straight to The Rolling Donut and oh my god it was divine.
I actually wrote a blog post all about The Rolling Donut during the summer last year which you can have an 'aul read by clicking here!


If you know me at all then you'll probably know that whenever I get food, 9 times out of 10 I'll take loads of pictures of it (either for Instagram or for my blog) ahaha I know it's so sad but it's true!
I got The Rolling Donut's vegan chocolate donut and it was so nice I didn't even take a picture of it! I literally inhaled it ahaha!
I suppose I was hungry after the bus journey up too ahaha so that's why I have no picture of the donut!
They're the best donuts I've ever had EVER so the next time you're in Dublin you must defo check them outttt!


Then we went to my favourite inspo shop in Dublin, Industry, and I got the nicest overnight oats I've ever had ever.


Fair enough the overnight oats were €4.50, I hear ya saying "Whatttt the feck was in them, gold?!" ahaha but oh.my.god they were actually the BEST overnight oats I've had in my 20 years of existence like. No joke.


They were ridiculously creamy and they had a bit of cinnamon in them and the toppings were just perfect! The oats were topped with strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, hazelnuts, pomegranate seeds, and fresh mint mmmm!
Industry also had a few other plant-based goodies in their café so defo call into them the next time you're in Dublin.
My dream house would be made with everything from their shop, but it's very very expensive ahahaha! It's a fab shop to get inspo from though!


Then we went to Zizzi, an Italian restaurant close to Grafton Street, and they have a full vegan menu and it's class!
I'm not the mirror-pic type ahaha but I absolutely loved everything about Zizzi, even the bathroom! They even had speakers playing music in the bathroom which is something I love (I know that might sound odd ahaha but I hate when bathrooms are awkwardly quiet!)


I went for the 'Vegan Zucca' pizza which had tomato, mozzarisella (a vegan 'cheese' made with coconut oil), roasted butternut squash, caramelised balsamic onions, and spinach.
It was an absolutely divine pizza, it was massive and like it was only €11.75 which was class!
Zizzi have a whole vegan menu which is amazing, and even though I just got a pizza on Sunday, I'm definitely going to back there some time to try other stuff on their menu!
And the restaurant is so fab too, it's quite quirky and cool and I can't wait to get back there!


Then we headed to The Olympia for Anne-Marie's concert!


Oh my god Anne-Marie was absolutely ah.may.zingggg live! It was one of the best concerts I was ever at!
Mullally was the support act and I'm obsessed with his music now, it's very funky music, he's definitely worth listening to!
And Anne-Marie was something else altogether! She was absolutely fantastic, her energy, her songs, her excitement, she was just fab!
And of course I had to get some merch ahaha so I got a tour t-shirt that has a picture of Anne-Marie on the front and on the back it has all of the tour dates!


So there we have it, that's what I did last Sunday!
I know this blog post is a bit different from my normal ones ahaha but defo let me know what you think of it!
I just had so much class food all in the one day that I was like "feck it I'll turn this into a blog post" ahaha!
You can send me an email to plantpoweredhuman@gmail.com and you can chat to me over on my Instagram too!
Thanks so so much for reading, and I'll see ya next week for another blog post!
Big love,
Darragh
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Plant Powered Human | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig