Sunday 17 June 2018

Mint Chocolate Truffles


Howya!
I haven't posted a new recipe on here in aaaages, so I'm sorry 'bout that, but this recipe was certainly worth waiting for, even though I say so myself!


My favourite flavour combination (like strawberries and cream, or chocolate orange, or lemon and lime, etc) has to be mint and chocolate, without a doubt.
So if you're a mint chocolate fan then you're in luckkkkk.


The only 'unusual' ingredient in this recipe is peppermint oil which you can get in a health food store or you can get peppermint/mint extract/essence in Tesco or you can just leave it out if you can't find it or if you don't like mint.


I don't want to sound too full of myself but these truffles are probably my favourite thing I've ever made, they're actually class.
I hope you like them as much as I do!
Here's the recipe...

Mint Chocolate Truffles

Ingredients:

  • 250g dates
  • 1 teaspoon maple syrup
  • 1/2 tablespoon cacao powder (or just use cocoa powder if you don't have cacao)
  • 1 tablespoon cashew butter (or use almond butter or peanut butter or a seed butter if you can't eat nuts)
  • 3 drops peppermint oil (the bottle that I have has a dropper but if you're using mint essence just use about 1/2 or 1 teaspoon of it!)
  • 80g dark chocolate (I use the 75% dark chocolate from Aldi)

Method:

  1. Blend everything, except for the dark chocolate, in a food processor until it forms a smooth dough.
  2. Take 1/2 tablespoon of the dough and roll it into a ball.
  3. Place the ball on a lined baking tray.
  4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you run out of dough. It should make about 18 balls.
  5. Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl.
  6. Put a truffle in the bowl of melted chocolate, make sure it's coated evenly. Use a spoon/fork/knife/whatever-you-find-the-easiest to lift the truffle out of the chocolate, leave as much excess chocolate drip off (back into the bowl) as you can, and put the truffle back on the lined baking tray.
  7. Repeat step 6 until all the truffles are covered in chocolate. It takes a bit of time and it's a bit fiddly but trust me, it's sooooo worth it!
  8. Put the truffles in the fridge to chill until the chocolate hardens.
  9. Store the truffles in the fridge (not that they'll last too long!)

So there we have it! The recipe might seem like it has loads of steps but to be honest you'll be done in no time at all, it's only the chocolate-covering-stage that's a bit time-consuming!


I hope you love these truffles as much as I do!
If you're willing to share with someone then they work great as presents, they'd be lovely in a jar or a little box.
If you make the truffles definitely let me know via email (plantpoweredhuman@gmail.com) or you can let me know on my Instagram and use the hashtag #plantpoweredhuman if ya want!
Happy mint-chocolate-truffle-making!
Big love,
Darragh
Share:

2 comments

  1. Made these the other night 😊 beautiful amazing recipe. Made 2 batches and with one of them placed a toasted hazelnut in the middle 😊 devine 😱 thanks for the recipe. Hope there's more to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikas! You're an absolute legend, thank you so much.
      Oh my godddd the toasted hazelnut in the middle sounds incredible, I must try that sometime!
      I'm so glad you liked the recipe, there's certainly more to come, don't worry! x

      Delete

© Plant Powered Human | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig